Pixelfest: group artwork
12 November 2004
Here's the game: can a group of random people, each contributing a teensy weensy bit, make a coherent piece of art/design/garbage purely through the influence of the work itself?
Here's the rules:
- You can place one pixel a day.
- You can place a pixel anywhere on the grid.
- You can overwrite existing pixels.
- There is no pre-defined subject matter of the picture.
- No collaborating through the comments.
- Use your imagination.
Go and pixelate.
Update: Although sabotage may be attempted, the game goes on! If you do think something has gone awry, just tell me.
Update: Jeremy Varo-Haub has created a Flash animation of the entire pixel process. You can see it at http://haub.net/pixelfest/.
Follow me on Twitter
To hear smaller but more regular stuff from me, follow @themaninblue.
- Resolution dependent layout update
- footerStickAlt: A more robust method of positioning a footer
- widgEditor: A simple, standards-compliant WYSIWYG HTML editor
- Accessible, stylish form layout